The System engineer is a specialist in his field. The System engineer contributes to the technical product support and Deployment of the Philips Digital Pathology Solutions (PDPS) installations. This solution is built on an IT platform which supports hundreds medical specialists. He/she is able to advice in presales activities the sales team with advanced technical knowledge, is able to support the solutions during and after deployment with advanced support.
Participates in development projects securing serviceability of the new to develop products.
• In depth knowledge of Image Management System and other IT products delivered by Digital Pathology.
• 3rd line system support engineer on IT HW/SW systems
• Teams up with IT platform development
• Participates in Innovation projects in the role of Service Innovation Engineer to ensure Service & Implementation
• Is able to document and communicate product features and technical specifications
• Develop training, workshops and other knowledge sharing activities.
• Will be organizing and executing test and verification activities to release new IT platforms/systems
• Determines the service requirements of HW/SW modules and – interfaces in close consultation with the System Architect.
• Supports Customer Service & Implementation Managers during installation of products and troubleshooting of technical issues at customer locations.
• Keeps up to date with new technology developments and investigates how these new technologies can be used in the existing product line.
• Bachelor degree in ICT Engineering or Computer Science
• At least 5 years experience in the IT industry / digitally enabled medical and/or Computer IT product development/engineering
• At least 5 years experience as System Engineer or IT Support Engineer
• Experienced in implementing and managing big IT systems
• Deep understanding of IT technologies (Servers, Virtualization, Cloud technologies, Storage and system management technologies)
• Excellent written and verbal (technical) communication in the English language and interpersonal skills
• Strong IT development and design capabilities
• Problem Solving and decisive
• Understanding of Standards in Medical World is a pre ie. Dicom, HL7, IHE etc.
• Willing to travel (?10%)
The Philips Digital Pathology Solutions (PDPS) venture started on 1 May 2007. The venture is establishing a worldwide business for total digital pathology solutions encompassing an Ultra Fast scanner for microscope tissue slides, a pathology Image Management System and several disease specific (mostly for cancer types) computer assisted detection (CAD) solutions. The venture aims at leveraging multiple Philips assets and capabilities (brand, market channel, technology) for establishing the total solution and being the 1st to market to establish a dominant market position. The market launch of the first solutions was in 2011. The venture is now expanding in in US, Europa and Asia. Our mission: In a world with increasing challenges for cancer diagnostic procedures and quality of patient care we want to be number one in empowering pathologists with digital pathology solutions so their expertise is supported by the best scanners, Image Management System, workflow and image analytics solutions available. This helps them work more effectively, leading to higher quality diagnosis and as a result better patient care. As a Professional Service Consultant you will report directly to the Service Innovation Manager.