Responsible for carrying out the technical part of a project or subproject, in such a way that the standards and requirements of the client are met, within the boundaries set by the supervisor in terms of time and cost, and under the technical final responsibility of a Lead Engineer or Specialist. Also directs other Engineers. Additionally, serves as a point of reference for the rest of the organization in their own field of expertise.
- Collaborates in the development of concepts within the established package of requirements.
- Develops their own subproject in terms of planning, required budget. Proposes this to the project manager.
- Collects necessary information and makes calculations in preparation for a project plan. Consults with the Project Manager. Formulates the requirements and expectations of the final product in consultation with the client and Project Manager.
- Ensures the execution of tasks in order to ensure that they are realized in accordance with the described agreements, within the established standards and according to the usual work processes.
- Ensures timely involvement of other Engineers, Specialists and the technical final responsible person. Provides the right information.
- Is jointly responsible for the setup of the Concept Plan of Approach of a task, in order to be able to produce a realistic (sub)project plan.
- Is responsible for outsourcing contract work and ordering resources needed for the realization of the task, to ensure that orders are carried out and delivered on time and according to specifications.
- Is responsible for the professional support of Engineers, in order to enable them to carry out their assigned work in accordance with usual work methods, work processes, and construction and design techniques.
- At least a higher professional education (HBO-Mechanical Engineering or similar) with 6 years of relevant experience as an engineer in developing products, or university education (TU-Mechanical Engineering or similar) with 5 years of relevant experience as an engineer in developing products.
- Specialized in a relevant part of the field of work.
- Proven knowledge of and experience in following a structured development process with phases and milestones, applying tools such as Design for Six Sigma (DFSS).
- You have relevant experience as an engineer and are specialized in a relevant part of the field of work. You typically work in a company that is specialized in engineering in the area of consumer, industrial or medical product development. You have experience in idea generation and product concept development; detailed engineering experience is a strong advantage.
- Additionally, experience in coordination of engineering tasks, technical team leadership, and communication skills can be useful as the role often requires working with a team and coordinating with other teams and parties like clients or suppliers.
- Also, skills such as problem solving, critical thinking, and ability to work under pressure can be beneficial in an engineering role as they often require troubleshooting and finding solutions to complex technical challenges.
Vul onderstaande formulier in om meteen te solliciteren op deze functie.