Europe’s energy transition is among the greatest challenges of our time. Its goal: To make Europe the first climate-neutral continent by 2050 at the latest. The Netherlands and Germany have therefore set themselves ambitious goals to expand offshore wind energy: as early as 2030, Germany and the Netherlands want to reach a capacity of 30 and 22.2 Gigawatts, respectively. Energy from offshore wind farms in the European powerhouse North Sea will play in this a crucial role. Our client guarantees that this energy will reach the mainland – and in the most environmentally friendly way possible. That is why we have developed the 2GW program with a unique transnational approach. And thus increase the pace and efficiency of the energy transition.
For our client we are looking for an:
Electrical Engineer – Telecommunications
Large Projects Offshore (LPO):
Based on the Energy agreement, where the targets and intentions for the transition to a more renewable energy supply are set, the Roadmap Offshore wind energy 2030 and the ambition to realise additional windcapacity prior to 2030 a roll-out strategy is being prepared for the medium term, including the IJmuiden Ver (DC) projects. This results in a commitment for our client to realise at least 2x (with potential up to 5) 2GW HVDC Grid Connection Systems which bring the power from offshore wind-farms in the North sea to the Dutch electricity grid to be commissioned between 2028 – 2030.
Your contribution to our client:
• You support the senior TelCom Engineers in network telecommunication topics such as the functionality and installation of OT and office IT, broadband data transmission, communication technology and WAN/LAN infrastructure (copper, fiber optic and wireless technology) topologies in grid connection projects of offshore wind farms;
• In addition, you will be doing hands-on tasks in the field of offshore ancillary systems such as VSAT systems, CCTV connection, maritime VHF radio, satellite transmission, PAGA and telephony;
• Quality and progress control of our contractors during the construction and installation phase in accordance with the applicable framework and guidelines (including standards, specifications, etc.);
• Review of technical documentation and comparison of this with the underlying specifications;
• Control and management of functional tests and inspections as well as commissioning activities;
• Contact person for external and internal project/service partners.
This new position will focus on the Dutch offshore projects and will also support the Engineer Telecommunication in the design of the new onshore TelCom concept that our client is about to implement in The Netherlands.
• University degree (or equivalent) in electrical engineering, computer science or another comparable field;
• Overview knowledge in the fields of network and radio telecommunications;
• Practical experience in the use of commercially available communication systems of SDH technology, MPLS systems and VoIP systems;
• Practical experience with IP network components (routers, switches, firewalls, etc.) and telecontrol/network control protocols (IEC 60870-5-101 / -104, IEC 61850);
• Willingsness to learn, proactive mindset, good team skills and flexibility;
• Good verbal and written expression skills in Dutch and English;
• Occupational health qualification for offshore assignments according to the AWMF standard;
• Willingness to travel and driving license class B;
• You actively contribute to a safe working environment for yourself, your colleagues and external contractors.
Vul onderstaande formulier in om meteen te solliciteren op deze functie.