Our customer is a leading global technology, software and consulting business that creates and applies advanced technologies to enable the safe and efficient operation of industrial and commercial operations such as oil refineries, fossil fuel and nuclear power plants, petrochemical works and other manufacturing sites. Main brands are Foxboro®, Triconex®, Wonderware®, and SimSci®.
As Application Engineer Offsites you will work for the Advanced Applications group in Baarn. This group of about 40 enthusiastic engineers develops a software solution targeted at optimization of workflow and processing for refineries and petrochemical terminals. Project execution often requires cooperation with other foreign offices. Besides developing the software, they execute projects where solutions are applied on a global scale.
- Participating in the design and implementation of software solutions.
- Writing project and/or technical documentations.
- Manage the implementation of an assigned project or task.
- Performing internal and external (customer)tests.
- Installation and start-up of projects at site.
You will support:
- The Product Development of software packages of the Offsites solution suite.
- The implementation of Advanced Application Projects, typically for the Oil & Gas industry.
Required skills and competencies:
- A pragmatic work attitude, team player, flexible and result oriented.
- Your background should provide you with sound technical and application knowledge.
- Bachelor or master degree in engineering or related discipline.
- 3+ years in an application engineering environment.
- Knowledge of Gensym G2 language is a pre.
- Basic knowledge of DCS and/or industrial automation systems.
- Programming skills in a language like Java (preferred), C#, VB etc, or at least an affinity with software and software development (this function is not a developer).
- Good IT knowledge, experience with database systems.
- Good communication skills.
- Fluent in English and preferably Dutch both spoken and written. Other foreign language(s) highly appreciated.
- Be willing to travel up to 15% of the time.
They will offer you a competitive salary including a benefits package and the advantages of a professional environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements.