For our client, Philips Consumer Lifestyle in Drachten, we’re looking for a senior Molding Engineer!
Are you a senior molding engineer with work experience in plastic part making and do you have experience with Moldflow analyses? For the molding department within Philips Consumer Lifestyle in Drachten we are looking for a communicative and driven molding engineer.
- Execute DFM analyses, make DFM reports and analyse DFM reports
- Making moldflow analyses and understanding of mold constructions, knowledge on mold cost drivers
- Able to do molding trials and understanding of injection molding process trouble shooting and process investigations
- Make functional mold and functional molding specifications
- Estimate mold prices and cycle times of injection molding process
- Manage ordering, realization and release of new molds
You’ve minimal 5 years relevant working experience in plastic part making, preferably in mass production environment for consumer product. You also graduated as a Bsc mechanical engineering with additional training plastic part making.
- Knowledge of fundamentals plastic part making.
- Able to execute DFM analyses, make DFM reports and analyze DFM reports.
- Basic knowledge of resins used.
- Knowledge about measuring, able to read and understand drawings.
- Able to use UG or equivalent 3D CAD system.
- Understanding of Moldflow analyses.
- Understanding of mold constructions, knowledge on mold cost drivers.
- Understanding of injection molding process, able to do molding trials, trouble shooting and process investigations.
- Able to make functional mold and functional molding specifications.
- Able to estimate mold prices and cycle times of injection molding process.
- Able to manage ordering, realization and release of new molds.
- Able to work alone as well as in teams.
- Able to present to management as well as operators.
- Able to think in scenarios -Challenging attitude when needed.
- Good communication skills in Dutch and English.
Philips Drachten is part of the Consumer Lifestyle (CL) sector. With more than 2000 employees with 35 different nationalities, Philips CL Drachten is one of CLs largest development and production centers in Europe. We develop innovative, consumer-oriented products that make life more comfortable for consumers in the global market. These products include body groomers, coffeemakers and energy lamps. Furthermore, Philips CL Drachten has been the development and production center for Philips shavers since 1950. Here we design and manufacture the most sophisticated Philips electric shavers.