For Philips we are looking for a Mechatronics Designer
In this role, you have the opportunity to define the way physicians operate our X-ray systems during surgery.
• Together with the product owner, creating the best overall mechatronics design solution;
• Creating control solutions in Matlab (including modeling, measurements, tuning);
• Analyzing regulatory and safety requirements and translating these into a product design solution;
• Mechatronics integration and verification;
• Coaching of junior colleagues;
• Supporting in analysis and solving of life-cycle management issues;
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
• Masters degree in Mechatronics or Motion Control;
• High quality focus;
• > 5 years of experience as a Mechatronics designer;
• Extensive experience in Matlab and Simulink;
• Flexible and open attitude, good communication skills in English;
• Experience with working in large cross-functional agile teams;
• You’ll get bonus points for: Experience with Matlab C++ code generation;
We aim to make the world healthier through innovation by providing to our customer, the best portfolio of image guided therapy systems to support minimally invasive diagnosis and treatment for a variety of critical conditions. Our products support physicians providing the best treatment in the most demanding conditions, from cardiovascular to oncological and neurological treatment. We touch patients’ lives when it matters most and we aim to do it in the most reliable, effective and sustainable way.
You are a part of
An international and diverse group of highly skilled multidisciplinary colleagues who work in SAFe scrum teams. We commit ourselves to the deliverables and collaborate in an open culture; everyone’s opinion is valued. We expect you to share your opinion, even when not asked. We have a strong focus on continuous improvement; our team is proactive in solving issues. We are happy to welcome new team members and we will provide many help to get you up to speed in no time.
We collaborate closely with the mechanic-, electronic-, software-groups and the cluster of system design, to come to our final system architecture & implementation. To make sure we add value to our customers by having a close collaboration with the application specialists who voice our customer’s needs.