4people is looking for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer in the region Groningen! Do you want to work in an international environment with highly skilled professionals in a result-oriented, academic atmosphere? Apply!
You will be responsible for the functionality of the mechanical design of astronomical instrumentation. You will setup mechanical principles. Brainstorm in multidisciplinary teams, detail designs, do mechanical analysis with and without FEA, thermal analysis on basic parameters, detail drawings. Your work is done in close collaboration with project managers, systems engineers, optical designers and other engineers. You will get to work on cutting edge technologies and innovative scientific instruments.
– Extensive experience in Design and Analysis, preferably using NX
– Detailed designer focused on output / Conceptual designer eager to learn new technology
– Proficient oral and written communications skills
– Bachelor or academic degree in machine building or equivalent
Important Additional skills:
– Experience in the design of scientific instrumentation or prototypes
– Experience in the design and analysis of opto-mechanical systems
– Experience in the design of vacuum and cryogenic equipment
– Experience with FEA, accurate tolerances, interface management, Bill of Materials
– Experience with aerospace systems and development methods.
– Affinity with telescopes or astronomy
You will be employed for longterm at 4people with the outlook to get a contract at our client!