For our client Philips within the Applications Software Group as part of the Electronics Department, we are looking for an enthusiastic Java Software Development Engineer who will work on connectivity related software.
Do you want to accelerate innovation and the creation of new healthcare products that matter?
Do you believe that healthcare needs to be revolutionized and that a combination of connected consumer propositions and medical devices will drive that revolution?
Do you want to help define the future of healthcare by developing first-of-a-kind solutions that have a positive impact on people’s health?
As a Software Development Engineer you are responsible for:
- Working with a focus on consumer needs and technological competitiveness, keeping an outside-in approach in mind for the designs you create.
- The design, realization, integration, and test of the application
- Adapting and improving you and your team to a world that is constantly changing around you
- Drawing up a personal schedule and reporting on progress in a structured and methodical way keeping the costs of the activities in line with the calculated budget
- Ensuring that there is proper documentation for the developed software.
- Combining existing and/or purchased modules into components, which can be integrated into a working system.
- Contributing to improvement initiatives with regard to technological improvements and future-oriented studies
We are looking for someone: who is proactive, vigorous, and self-propelling
- a Bachelor or Master Degree in SW Engineering, Informatics, or equivalent
- at minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in (networked) prototype or product development
- Proven track record with development methodologies like Agile/Scrum
- Good Java programming skills
- Proven track record of object oriented analysis and design
This role will appeal to you if you ….
- Enjoy working in cross-functional teams
- Are curious, open and feel at home in a dynamic environment
- Have an affinity with innovative development projects and feel comfortable with relatively vague requirements
We offer the opportunity to play a leading role in achieving Philips’ ambitions with digital connected products and to truly contribute to the way our innovations improve the health and well-being of our customers. You will work in close cooperation with colleagues from the Electronics department as well as other Software departments across Philips, playing a key role in driving the transition process that will turn Philips into a Digital Systems company. We invite you to be part of a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for personal development.