Our client is “taking care of power”. Finding solutions in a continuous changing working environment serving todays and the future needs of their customers. With their head office and workshop located the area of Gelderland, and regional offices in Mexico and China, our client is supplying worldwide independent gas turbine services. Their portfolio includes technical advisory, installation & commissioning, inspections, overhauls, relocation projects, rehabilitation projects, controls system services, control system replacement, package works, parts supply, repairs and service agreements for mainly General Electric (GE) gas turbines. Working at this company means a job in an internationally oriented, dynamic and informal working environment with a good salary and good secondary conditions, in line with your experience and qualifications and the possibility to grow.
The primary task of a field service engineer is to provide technical advice and supervision for gas turbines. Depending to the assignment you will be expected to take an advisory role, be a hands-on engineer for specific specialized tasks, supervise, trouble shoot, repair, relocate, overhaul, install and start up gas turbine packages world-wide, on- and offshore.
Your specific tasks
- Preparing, coordinating and conducting inspections and repairs of gas turbines at customers location;
- Provide mechanical on-site technical direction and supervision during inspections, start-up, commissioning and maintenance of customers gas turbine packages;
- Manage contracted crew and/or customers crew for the specific scope of work required;
- Support the customer with regards to technical questions according to agreed scope of work;
- You are responsible to ensure accurate execution of the specific assignment in compliance with engineering instructions, the inspection and repair guidelines, drawings & QESH guidelines;
- Technical (commercial) reporting on the activities/costs in order to provide the company and the customer with the needed information;
- Compile final technical customer report in written after completion of the assignment.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ of experience and proven track record of various executed field service jobs;
- Depending on your experience a degree in engineering (Dutch HTS) or a wider experience from 5 to 10 years + (plus) and a successfully completed technical intermediate vocational education (Dutch MBO);
- Good understanding of gas turbines and the associate equipment;
- In depth knowledge of LM and/or Heavy duty gas turbines;
- Ability to interpret mechanical, piping and instrumentation drawing;
- You understand the importance about quality, speed, reliability of delivery and safety of the project and your activities;
- Ability to motivate your staff and are able to express yourself verbally and in written;
- Good to fluently English and possibly Spanish, verbally and in written; other languages like for instance German will be a plus;
- Understanding of Microsoft office software, in particular, MS-Word, Excel and MS Projects;
- Willingness to travel frequently and to work off shore;
Our client has an enthusiastic team to support you in the field. We have short communication lines and we are a service minded company, always available to support our valued customers all over the world at any time. Working for this company means a job in an internationally oriented, dynamic and an informal working environment with a good remuneration in line with your experience and qualifications.